background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sprucin' Up the Bathroom

So, as all my blog posts seem to start out, I found this chandelier at a little antique mall here in town. Two trips around the mall, and $80 later, I walked out with a stinky old chandelier  that has all the wires cut out of it. Oh no, what did I just do!?! First thing I do is call Jacob, “Guess what I just got! I cant wait to get home from work!” I think by now he knows the easiest answer is “Great, I’m glad you like it, where would you like me to put it?” So, who doesn’t dream of having a chandelier over their bathtub, right? So, Saturday morning Jacob got up and ran over to Home Depot, without me even having to ask, to get the little hangy-mo-bob for the ceiling. Best hub-ster ever. So a few “What the ****,”  “Hey, get my phone and call my dads” and just plain “****”  later we/he have hung the chandelier. We wait. It hasn’t ripped out the ceiling yet. And we wait. YEA, success!! 
 The before photo. I was trying to get my chandelier fix from the cheap picture, but it just wasnt cutting it anymore.
Waiting for its big debut (is that how you spell it? Julie i need your help).
Stud.
And drum roll please....
Whoop! Last night i HAD to take a bath, just to soak it all in. I did worry there for a second that it might fall and crush me while i was in the tub, but then a few more sips of wine, and the thoughts were all gone!
No, this project is not quite finished. This chandelier really need some TLC. The beads are gross, i need some candles, and there may be a paint job in the near future, but i am just so excited to have a chandelier over my bathtub, that its just going to have to work right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment