background

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's Almost Been A Year

It is so hard to believe that Jacob and I have been in our first home for just about a year now. This house has been such a blessing and we love sharing it. I never would have thought that we would love our first house as much as we do. Thank God for a down housing economy, thats all i have to say! This post is just few little projects we have done over the past year. And then a do to list for the month (or next year)!

This little gem i painted while Jacob was off at a bachelor party. It only took 2 redos, one due to the paint color being so awful, and the other because i didnt line up my tape lines properly...lets just say i learned from my mistakes!

I used the Martha Stewart paint on this project. They are the same color, just one is the metallic and one is the matte.
Jacob could not believe his eyes and ears when i told him i bought an old dirty mantel out of this amazing antique store in Johnson City. "NO. Your ridiculous" is about all i could get out of him. Let me tell you this, we were barely engaged when i bought this, so a)it was my money and b)it was me and my lovely roomates (shoutout to Ellen, xo)  little rental house at the time, so i was not about to take his sass. Love you Jacob, but sometimes i'm gonna do what i want to do. I believe that it was half black, a quarter blue and a quarter white when i bought it. It looked pretty darn rough, and $150 was probably too much to spend, but there was no changing my mind. After a fresh coat of plain white paint it looked pretty good. Well, two rentals and our house later, it ended up in our master bedroom. As you can see here, we have a wire or two (ug i hate them) behind this bad boy so i took it upon myself to give her another little spruce up. Fabric time. Got this beautiful fabric at Hobby Lobby for $8 and my best friend the staple gun, and now she looks pretty fancy, huh? Not sure if you noticed, but the top isn't exactly on properly in this photo since Burk decided to get a little crazy and knock it over the other night, which then broke my heavenly mercury glass lantern from pottery barn that was on top, while also making my mantle now two pieces. Oh well, who can get made at that handsome face, right??  "Jacob, can you fix this!?"

Next on the list...
1. Decide on a paint color for my office (im thinking grey/green), and the guest bedroom (im thinking light blue). I have been putting this off since we have 11' ceilings, and the builder painted the ceilings the same as the walls-ugg.
2. Get knobs for our cabinets in our master bath.
3. Find a buffet for the living room so i can display my grandmothers beautiful pink china.
4. Get a new tv for Jacobs room, since his is from 2004. Think about that guys- an 8 year old tv. It was from his freshman year of college and weighs probably 200 pounds.
5. Plant a new bed at the dining room window. Yes-this is a spring to-do.
6. Get my Antique Roses installed outside. We have a new client who is literally obsessed with them, so its research time!

Hop to it Chelsea!

No comments:

Post a Comment