background

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Burlap, Burlap, Burlap

I am OBSESSED with burlap. I would build a house of burlap if it wouldn't blow over. For Christmas I bought a few yards to cover up the base of my tree and yesterday I was looking at trying to decide what to do with it, since I couldn't bare put it up with the Christmas stuff. So, here ya go! My new table runner. Talk about easy.  I got out my handy dandy hot glue gun and was done in 10 minutes. 2 yards of lace, and 2 yards of burlap= $12. Who cares that the lines are not cut perfectly straight, and that the ends will fray over time, I believe that's what ya call character. Love it. Plus, my guy was really good at staining my other one, so that bad boy is gonna get some oxy clean and a little TLC (the table runner that is. ha).

Hope y'all enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I've never thought of burlap, especially with lace. Certainly provides a contrast of textures. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete